Monday, January 11, 2016

the first fruits


'May the foot of God walk with you and his hand hold you tight' (TIS 779)
There is something magical about the time of the day when the sun filters through the night sky and breaks into light. Stepping out the door for the first time in a new day is like my feet touching the newness, the ' not walked on until now' path of the new day and as  God comes alongside I discover
the offerings of the day that would have otherwise been missed. Offerings and events that give joy and blessings and the days strength, like the magpies kicking in the tanbark, the different shades of glory crossing the sky as the sun rises over the mountain, the birds calling in the new day and that delightful sound of a baby kookaburra trying to learn his laugh.  The wonderful morning gifts, of time with God is  new every morning are the most powerful pearls of great price to deposit in our heart and mind as we venture into the rest of the day, into the unknown.I love these words of St Patrick's lorica: Christ be with me. Christ within me. Christ behind me. Christ before me. Christ beside me.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord