Monday, November 30, 2015

Hope

The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright. The righteous will never be shaken.   Proverbs 10:29-30
I think w are all saying, its nearly Christmas! As  a child I was always full of great hope when it came to what I might expect to receive in the small parcels under the tree. There was a great sense of the expectancy about the contents of them. There was a feeling of excitement, and often, 'for being good and helpful to my parents through the year'  Santa would grant my wishes. My hopes and desires became realities. Stop and think on the word 'hope.' How would you define it? For me its a 'confident expectancy.' Christian hope is the firm assurance about things of the future, seen and unseen.
Hope for the Christian is the one thing that keeps us looking to the future because it lives with in us. Its what makes the difficult and tough times, the 'holes' of darkness and despair bearable because we know there will be a brighter future. I wonder what its like to not have hope? I should imagine that it would paint a whole different picture about life. I guess it would be lifeless. I guess that is our mission, our gift to others, to bring hope to a broken and divided world.Particularly the world that is on our doorstep.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.