Friday, June 19, 2015

sit awhile

Withdraw to deserted places and pray.  Luke 5:16
 
We often reflect on prayer, and we carry it out in our various ways but today I can't get out of my mind the image of something that was shared this week during the aged care service, about prayer. It went something like this: 'When my husband prays he sees  himself sitting on a wall, his legs swinging back and forth and he is picturing before him  a beautiful scene and alongside him sitting on the wall also swinging his legs, is Jesus and they are having a conversation. To me he says, that's how I pray.' How beautiful is that! How lovely. How powerful. How unforgettable. Where do you go to pray. What draws you too a special place.  I love to sit in my front porch looking down across the farm land and into the valley and the foothills of the mountains and I see Jesus walking towards me from the depth of the valley, past the creek, across the road and arriving on my door step and strange as it may be I raise my tea cup and say, sit awhile and would you like a cup of tea. And you know, my soul weeps with the wonder of it all and my heart kneels to pray.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne,servant of the Lord.