Monday, June 15, 2015

God's fragrance

 I love the place O God, where in your honour dwells. (Church Hymn) 
I love the special moments when something profound happens. They are 'God' moments and they pop up all the time. Moments like when I see a new born calf attempting to stand by its mothers side. A flock of Blue Wrens arriving in the garden, and the metal bell sending out a rich ring in the night as its touched by a passing breeze. I know they are God moments because my heart sings and my voice praises God. I read these words by Ann Siddall: 'If you have never stayed awake to hear the courageous song of one small bird breaking into the stillness of the night, consider it. Its a God moment. If you haven't sat down lately with a cup of tea and simply admired a view, consider doing it. It is a God moment'. She goes on to say. 'I use to think God moments were special, set apart moments, perhaps brought on by praying in  particular ways. Gradually I have come to see that these graced moments fill ordinary days and shyly invite our recognition and response.' For me, God moments are when there is an element of surprised recognition that what I see or hear is  God. Its as if he has passed before my eyes and left his fragrance.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord