Friday, March 13, 2015

prayerful distraction

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  1 Thessalonians 5:17
I was reading my early morning devotion and trying not to be 'called away' by the twitter of  the blue wrens in the garden but they won me over and I went to the window to observe their  garden fluttering of insect catching and bird bath bathing. With joy they played in my garden and I found myself thanking God for them and realising how much they were a  prayer. Other things in the garden caught my eye also, the beautifully formed rose bud on the rose bush called 'The Good Samaritan.' that was given to me by the relatives of an elderly lady  who had valued my pastoral visits a midst her isolation and I pondered on that parable awhile. I also acknowledged the rose that was open and aging yet flourishing and I stayed there awhile reflecting on the ministry I have with the older people. The Easter daisy bush, lent purple in colour is in full bloom and I gave thanks for the gift of this new day full already of the presence of God and a chorus of those delightful little birds. Prayer is where you are, in what you are doing, at any time and as you read these words, may they to be a prayer.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord