Monday, March 16, 2015

Just hold on....

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,my God,my rock in whom I take refuge,my shield and the horn of my salvation,my stronghold. Psalm 18.2
As I looked across the very dry paddocks  with that early blue mist of an Autumn morning still about I thought how dry it was all looking. A  wind storm could easily bring it all to bare earth and uproot everything and I recall a farmer saying to me once about the drought we were experiencing. He commented on the trees and how some species are dying, age old trees, particularly the pine trees that are used for wind breaks around the farms, trees that have survived to date, but now, lacking life giving water are dying. He said a profound thing: 'Pine trees have shallow roots that spread out and just sit below the surface and when a storm comes they cant hold on, they topple over, while other trees send their roots deep down and are anchored in that depth and can weather the storms of life.' He continued. 'Its like that with us and God. If we don't send our roots deep down we too will topple over in the storms of life.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
1000's of years it has stood against all the storms. A fortress in Israel.