Friday, March 20, 2015

Children of God.

Jesus said,' Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them for it is to such of these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.' Matt 19:14
I was taking a graveside funeral for an elderly lady and two small children were kneeling alongside the grave after the coffin had been lowered, peering down on it. They were deep in thought and as I was about to say the final farewell one child, about 7 years old, asked to say something. She said, 'when my gran was born she was like a rose bud, and as she grew up she opened to a full, beautiful rose and when I saw her before she went to be with Jesus the rose she had been only had one brown and fading leaf left on it because it was dying but in heaven she will be like a rose bud again
.' What could I say after that. A child so sure of her image of life and death at such a young age was obviously well grounded in inclusion and teaching in the family. What a blessing those words were to all who stood around the grave that day.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.