Friday, March 27, 2015

my arms remain open wide.

One day Jesus asked his disciples for their few loaves and fishes  to feed a hungry crowd of people. Jesus took them, gave thanks to God and broke them and gave them.....to the people. Matthew 15:36-37
Never once have I ever had  regret or moment of doubt about the life that God has given me. I constantly feel called, humbled, privileged, honoured and affirmed, day after day. The disadvantaged I walk with daily,those in society, our neighbours, Jesus called them, those needing a shoulder to lean on, a friend for the journey.  God calls me to witness and to serve and my arms remain open wide for whatever else he holds for me. On Sunday at church I gave a small focus talk on the Nursing Ministry that is run at the church. God was putting in our path so many needy people and a small group of us  were working hard to keep up with their needs. We needed more help but it didn't seem to be coming and in the back of my mind was that 'still small voice.'  It seemed to be saying, 'you want more help yet you haven't asked me?' 'Your arms remain open wide for what I send you, I have sent,so now open your faith wide and ask me for  what you need, and I will provide.' I prayed hard and long for more help, and you know, following Sunday our volunteer group for this ministry increased from a few to 28!! Why should I be surprised? Is that loaves and fishes or what?  Is that faith in prayer or what? I don't know, but I do know God heard my prayer and touched the hearts of many and from that multiple people in need will be blessed.
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord
Anne, servant of the Lord
Loaves and fishes at the sight of the feeding of the 5,000 sea of Galilee.