Friday, January 23, 2015

we can all be a witness

You will be his witness to all the world. Acts 12.15
  Of an evening I sit out the front of my house for some reading time and its the time of the day the multicultural community I live in comes to life as they gather in the little park down the road for the children to play and parents to socialize. Its a lovely time of day to get to know some of my neighbours. My dog Bella also loves to survey the activities a she lies by my side. Down the path came a group of 6 young Indian girls with their mother, all lively and chatting in their language  and they stopped and asked. 'Can we pat your dog?' 'Of course', was my reply and as they patted her one of the girls called the others into silence from their chatter. 'Look, look at this' she said as she handled the wooden cross on Bella's collar. The girl looked at me with large dark eyes and in wonder said. 'Are you a Christian?'  'Yes,' I said.' I am a Christian. 'All 6 voices called out to the mother who had walked down the path a little way. With great excitement they said 'Mamma, Mamma, come back quickly, this lady is a Christian She's a Christian Mamma.'   be it Paul in Caesarea, or you in your home town, or me in mine let us live a life that enables others to say 'Are you a Christian?'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.