Friday, January 16, 2015

in his hands

See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49:16
Going from a nursing home service to a home visit, to a meeting and I was moving quickly between each event when I was given a message to call a particular person. Taking  a pen from my pocket I wrote the persons name on the palm of my hand so I would remember it.  This text from Isaiah has to be one of the most reassuring texts of the bible. Imagine Jesus going about the business of his day and now and then he glances at the palm of his hand to see your name engraved there, not just written but engraved, never to be forgotten. What infinite love.  Remember that  as you go about your day and when ever you need the assurance of God he is thinking of you with just a glance at his hand.
This simple poem by Albert Orsborn says: He can not forget me, though trial beset me; Forever his promise shall stand, he can not forget me, though trials beset me; my name's on the palm of his hand.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
a reminder in my garden of Isaiah 49:16