Monday, April 7, 2014

The secrets and beauty of God

Let everything that breathes praise the Lord. Ps 150:6
Its seems the older we get the more meaningful the seasons of the year become to us, in a spiritual way. Its like we dive deeper into the secrets and beauty of God as we see the depth of his love in creation. The autumn at the moment is  just coming into its best looking glorious and each year I find myself saying it just gets better. There is something about a tree of multiple colours with the sun shining through it that always wants me to say 'now there is God's glory ' and yet I can look at a leafless tree silhouetted in the fog and see the same glory. I feel my spirits rise when I see the new growth in the springtime and the magic of blossoms and the shade trees
                                             
                       
                                                               Grounds of St Saviours Cathedral Goulburn
provide in the summer. It seems that trees can portray their beauty whatever the season.
I think of our lives and work, the people we encounter each day and trust that we may reflect God's beauty throughout our lives and appreciate it in others. May we truly see God's glory in one another.
My prayerful thoughts today include those people who can see no beauty in their lives.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.