Monday, April 28, 2014

God of surprise

While he was speaking these words to me I was speechless. Daniel 10:15
Why should I be surprised when God steps into a situation with a solution. When he suddenly seems to be there on 'the same page' as me?  I have a client at the Day Hospice who I had promised a new wheel chair as the one he was using was not safe and then my funding ran out and on my mind was my promise to this man of his new chair. 'How Lord,' I asked in prayer,' am I going to honour this promise?' These thoughts were on my mind as I went to visit a family to discuss the funeral of their elderly mother. After the discussion one of her son's said to me, quite out of the blue.' I don't suppose you know anyone who could use an almost new 'Mercedes style' wheelchair do you?' It seemed an age before I responded with a 'yes I could', trying not to sound too excited and then explained I have a man at the day hospice I am involved in and...... They were so chuffed to think the chair was going to be used and I was so blessed that God came to that funeral preparation. I drove home almost in shock at the events that had unfolded. God is so good, so good.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.