Friday, February 14, 2014

follow the leader

When he has brought out his own,he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. John 10:4
I recall walking in the pre dawn light one morning along my old walking track past the vineyards consumed in thoughts of God as I walked the boundary of the vineyard. I was suddenly startled by a mob of sheep wandering among the vines. Startled because that is not usually where the sheep are and I paused awhile to watch them, just quietly grazing in the dark, following the leader.
I couldn't help but thing of our ministries,very much on the boundary,quite often finding us where least expected, sometimes in places of darkness, just 'grazing.' BUT following the leader.I continued my walk quietly singing.
Lead us heavenly Father lead us, o'er the worlds tempestuous sea: guard us, guide us, keep us feed us, for we have no help but thee, yet possessing every blessing if our God our Father be. (TIS 580)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord.