Monday, February 10, 2014

 You are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14
I don't know about you but there is something that resonates deep within me when I hear these words. Its almost like God saying 'I am affirming again in you to BE  light to the world, yes, you.' Now  there is our brief as Christians, there are our orders, there is our confirmation of who we are to be.
Two things struck me deeply during the service on Sunday. One was the prayer for the day:' Faithful God, you have appointed US as your witness to be a light that shines in the world; let us not hide the bright hope you have given us but tell everyone of your love.'  There it is again, our brief, our orders.
The second thing that struck me was verse two of hymn 603 (TIS):
Millions believe the law of life is cunning,within a world of cruelty and greed:
how can they know God's charity and justice,if helping hands have never reached their need?
Now we have it. A brief and a direction to take it to.  Let your light shine.
Nazareth Village. Israel
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.