Monday, January 28, 2013

And my heart sang

'O Lord in the morning you hear my voice:in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.' Psalm 5:3

Its a wonderful thing when your thoughts go straight to the Lord when you get up of a morning.
I was waking down the street heading for the walking track and as I stepped out I heard myself say, 'Good Morning Lord' and at that very moment a Magpie gave the most beautiful solo of an opening rich warble. He was then joined by  the melodious singing of the Blackbird and, not to be outdone, I heard the distant laughing of the Kookaburra. To cap the Lord's reply, two beautiful Rosella's skimmed the top of my head, flying in perfect formation.

And my heart sang
and my soul soared.

What a wonderful reassurance of the presence of God. And I knew, I knew deep within that he would hear my morning petitions and that I would go into the day with the expectation that whatever was to be,was his will. And when doubt or worry crossed my path I only had to reflect back on the encounter of the morning to receive the blessing again and again of his presence.

Today, start with God and he will stay with you.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.