Friday, January 18, 2013

If you want to ......

Mathew 8:2-3 (A leper said to Jesus) 'If you want to , you can make me clean.' Jesus reached out and touched him. 'I do want to' he answered. 'Be clean' At once the man was healed.

Lonely, often in tears,separated from family who live interstate, now immobile. This is a lovely Christian lady who I pastorally care for in the nursing home. Yesterday I greeted her in her room with the first blooms of the Daphne, a cup of tea for each of us and a few bars of her favourite chocolate. Her whole facial expression changed from feeling miserable and crying to joy and smiling. Over our cuppa I shared Psalm 121 and the love of God who will not let us go, who travels life journey with us , who is with us now and for ever more.
The tears of misery turned to tears of comfort and peace.
I reflect on the God given ministries we all  have and how we use them and I know I would not have it any other way.I also reflect on the words of Elie Wiesel: 'Our lives no longer belong to us alone, they belong to all who need us desperately.'
Proclaiming the Lords work by love and action is so life giving that from our hearts we want to glorify God until our last breath.
"Je veux crier l Evangile toute ma vie' I would shout the gospel all my life!

May God's blessings be yours,
and well may it befall you.
Anne, servant of the Lord.