Friday, January 25, 2013

And he walks with me and he talks with me

'Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying: this is the way,walk in it.' Isaiah 30:21

Sometimes I have a discussion with myself when I am out walking. Will I go this walkway to the open walking track,will I go that way via some streets and lanes or will I just take the direct path that will get me to where I am going, the aim of the walk to be with God, to walk with him in the freshness of the early morning even before the sun has kissed the capeweed into flower so the rest of the day I will walk in the light of this first God encounter.
So often when I deliberate about the path to take I think of this passage from Isaiah because I often answer myself with ,'walk this way.'

On occassions I have been preparing for a funeral and the family have requested the passage from John's gospel chapter 14 1-6 but add, please leave out verse 6 where Jesus says,  'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' I decline that request, of course.

The inner voice that our ears hear is the voice of God, directing,guiding, leading along the right path, the right way, to him.
Live  the walk of life regardless of its valleys and mountains. Remain close to the one who walks with you.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.