Monday, June 25, 2012

God's house

' I love thy house O God, wherein thy honour dwells.' (Hymn)
Yesterday I stood on the side of the  roadway, stunned and in awe of the great beauty of God unfolding before me. I think he must have had his best pastels and paints out just for this sunset and it wasn't only me beside the road, many others driving past were compelled to also stop and just take in this breath taking event as God painted the sky starting with mountain tops and sweeping to the plains. For me it was especially stunning as I was viewing it from the site of my new home to be.
As the pastel blues changed to pink and then red then orange I felt that warmth deep inside that only comes from God and I found myself asking the question Where is God's house and I knew I was in it.
Stanislaw Kennedy says:
'Teach me your ways so that I may hear you in the silence, see you in the emptiness, taste you in the fruits of the earth, touch you in the gifts of creation.'

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.