Friday, June 29, 2012

Candle warmth

' .......for the glory of God is its light, and the lamp is its lamb.' Rev 21:23
I had an opportunity to walk a labrynth yesterday. It was just on dark and in the centre of the labrynth was a  lit candle in a glass vase. (What is it about a burning candle that draws us into a 'something?' )As I walked the labrynth towards the candle I had a true sense of being drawn to the light and the source of all light, Jesus Christ. The closer I walked to it the more I felt the weight and load of life fall off. I came out of the Labrynth refreshed, renewed and very aware of the Spirit of God surrounding me.

'Gazing at the flickering candle I knew I was unconditionally loved.'

Weather it is a labrynth,a candle, a beach walk, a granit rock seat with a mountain view, a garden seat or a quiet chapel, its that stepping aside from life, just for a moment and being drawn to Jesus, the life giver, the load carrier that renews us and gives us new life.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.