Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh what a gift, what a wonderful gift

'As each one of us has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another....'1 Peter 4:10
Christmas and birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and births are occasions for gift giving and its such fun. There is always a sense of expectation by the receiver as the gift is held and a wonder is exclaimed as to what is inside the wrapping. My granddaughter said once she had unwrapped the gift she was give, 'That is just what I wished for, I need this so I can do the things I want to do and so I can help dad in the garden.'
God has given us gifts we can use. Each of us is a gift to others, a parcel wrapped with the gifts we need for helping our Father. Therefore we can do the ministry we do and live a life of service and helping others with confidence knowing in all we do, we do it with the gifts God has given us in our uniqueness. Accept the gifts willingly and share them around in the lives of others.
Give thanks this day for the gifts God has given you
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.