Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years resolutions

' My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labour.'Eccl.2:10
A whole new year lies before us. There are wonderful opportunities to do life giving, life changing works. I think of New Year and New Years resolutions, all the best made plans and before the first month is over they have all fallen in a heap and self promises are broken so I lay aside the 'worldly' resolutions and focus on Christ. What do I need to do to better my relationship with Jesus? How can I best serve him? Where does he want me to be? Who does he want me share his love with? Who can he lead me to so I can say: I have seen Jesus, come and see?
If we can take delight in all we do in the name of Christ then indeed that in itself is the reward of the labour.
Let us pray that God will show us these things so that he will be honoured and our lives fulfilled.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord