Monday, June 20, 2011

in the wilderness

' What is that coming up from the wilderness................perfumed with myrrh and frankincense.' Song of Solomon 3:6
I worked for 10 years in the desert of the outback and I thought that was a wilderness until I saw the wilderness of Israel that the bible talks about. Now I understand more the wilderness of Moses, the wilderness of Jesus, the wilderness of the 10.000 refugees pouring into Turkey from Syria, the wilderness of the thousands homeless in China from natures catastrophe this day and even the wilderness of the elderly I visit in the nursing home, lost in their dementia, wandering.
But in my prayers what encourages me so is that God led the Israelites out of the wilderness, Jesus survived the 40 days in the wilderness and so too will God be with those who are in their wilderness today.
Nurture those you may encounter who are in their wilderness, give them comfort, encouragement and hope.
Fenelon said:
The heart that serves and loves and clings, hears everywhere the rush of angel wings.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne