Monday, June 6, 2011

Ephesus

'.............and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.........' Matt 10:38
More and more my call to serve Christ was affirmed as I travelled the Holy Land. I saw first hand the places where Christ lived and had his ministry and where the early Christians, especially Paul, outreached under hardship, showing great endurance. Imagine planting the gospel in a pagan, hostile world, miles from home?
I read these words this morning (anon)
The symbol of Christianity is not a cushion, but a cross. What has my faith cost me this week? Would those folk I spend my working hours with be surprised if someone told them I was a Christian? Or do they automatically know, not so much by what I say, but by what I am?
For the sake of Christ Jesus and all who have gone before in his name..............keep fighting the fight and leaving your mark.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne