Friday, March 4, 2011

footsteps of Christ



'This is the list of the ancestors of Jesus Christ...................' Matthew 1:1-6
It is a typical Autumn morning with a wisp of mist in the valley, blue, stark mountains and a freshness in the air. The dew is heavy on the grass and as I walked I could see foot prints where others had walked before me.
I thought of those footprints, and mine that were now imprinted with them, I thought of Jesus, who walked the earth and God who left his footprint on all creation and I thought how we all belong to the ancestors of 'the followers.' We continue, to walk in the steps of Jesus.

I don't see that walk as a step, by step, tiring journey one foot after the other but a daily step as a follower of Jesus, in making walls tumble..........walls of discrimination, injustice, exclusion, isolation.................in the name of Christ.
Think of your journey with Jesus. Are you marching on the spot or walking in his footsteps?

Catherine De Hueck Doherty said:
Those who follow in Jesus' footsteps, who never deviate from his teachings, find that these teachings are revolutionary.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne