Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent


' They knew nothing about what was happening until the flood came and destroyed them. It will be the same when the Son of Man comes. Matthew 24:39
I had two thoughts on my mind this morning when I woke up. I was reflecting on the story of Noah's Ark that I was telling at Messy Church a week or so ago and also on the deep and meaningful Ash Wednesday service during the week.
What did those two thoughts have in common? my daily reading said it all. (to quote Lucado)
'Noah was sent to save the faithful. Christ was sent to do the same. A flood of water came, a flood of fire will come next. Noah built a safe place out of wood. Jesus made a safe place with the cross.

Those who believed hid in the Ark. Those who believe are hidden in Christ.'
This Lent, as we travel the journey to the cross, may it hold a sense of new revelation, new assurance, new discovery, a freshness like the gentle rain that's falling this morning to the chorus of bathing birds.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne