Friday, May 7, 2010

vinyard pruning


' Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers, such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned.' John 15:6
As I stood looking at the vineyard in the morning fog I couldn't help but think of the pruning that is about to take place, but more so about the branches that will be pruned. I had an image of a pile of cut and abandoned branches
outside the vineyard.
That said something to me, in fact, it bothered me.
As I walked on I couldn't shake the image of the pile of branches destined for the fire.It reminded me of many I walk amongst each day.Those outside God's love.
Those outside his kingdom .
And it made me more determined in my daily task of bringing Christ to others.
I wonder what 'bothers' you when you read John's story of the vineyard?
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne