Monday, May 24, 2010

Blessings


' Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure,pressed down, and shaken together, running over, will be put in your lap, for the measure you give will be the measure you get back .' Luke 6:38 NRSV.
I tried to find a definition of a blessing and I couldn't, but Luke gives it plain and clear in his Gospel. What drew me to blessings this morning was that they were on my heart when I got up today. I was thinking they are like boomerangs.........you give one out, and it comes back to you and the blessing then becomes yours, as well as theirs.
Last night I was at the Aboriginal church, sharing the love of the Lord and I came away thinking its me that has been blessed .
Friday I 'did' a funeral for a rough and ready lot yet I was so blessed to be with them at this time as their acceptance of me was beyond my expectation.
God can give us a cold and frosty morning, shrouded in mist, yet the beauty of it all takes our breath away and becomes a 'blessing prayer' of thank you Lord.

Blessings are something we don't forget, they are powerful, collected and saved in the soul.
May the blessings fall like rain on your day.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne