Friday, April 30, 2010

shining lights


'No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar or puts it under a bed.' Luke 8:16
Tomorrow is the day we remember the apostles Phillip and James,both were martyrs, killed for what they believed. They stood their ground for Christ even in the face of death.

I was talking to some fellow Christians about how we let Christ be known in the work place and am really astounded that in a country such as ours we are not allowed to talk about our Christian faith in our places of work. To do so causes you to lose your job. I was even more astounded to hear their submission to this. There are more ways to share our faith than just words.
Its tricky and challenging to work out ways to overcome this but it can be done.
Several students and their teacher walked past me at school yesterday and at the top of his voice one student calls to me for all the world to hear, 'Hello God's person.' What could I do but smile and just as loudly say hello.
This verse has stayed with me all my life since childhood. 'Let your light shine before all people.'(Matt 5:16)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne