Monday, March 29, 2010

Where there is love, there's a quiet peace.


'So faith, hope,love abide, these three:but the greatest of these is love.' 1 Corinthians 13:13
What a week ahead of us for reflection.....Holy week. I find my thoughts are many at this time. I think of Palm Sunday and the entry into Jerusalem. The feast of the passover......Good Friday, Easter day and I wonder how Jesus was feeling. We know that there is to be a good outcome from this journey, that even though he will die, he will also rise again and be with us. But how lonely, how abandoned to be doing this alone with no one alongside who understands.

My thoughts this Holy week are on those amongst us who have a particularly hard journey through life, and I am thinking of those with disabilities and how we can lead them into a place of 'life.' It was such a blessing yesterday to invite a person with disability into the sanctuary to help with the distribution of the palm crosses. It was a feeling I couldn't explain. All I can say is God was very real, very alive and very present in that sanctuary this Palm Sunday and I was so richly blessed. God poured his love upon us and we walk away at the end of the service.....changed.
A life had been acknowledged and included.
A resurrection had occurred.
Think of your journey this Holy week and who it is you might lead through to resurrection this Easter.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne