Friday, March 26, 2010

The cross of love


All glory praise and honour, to you redeemer king. Tis 333
Every time I open the front page of my prayer book, there it sits, an old faded, greying palm cross. I gaze at it and reflect and remember. I remember a journey.
My journey.
Christs journey.
I remember making palm crosses as a child. A wonderful activity of gathering palm branches and sitting around tables in the parish hall with a group of ladies from church. There was lots of chatter and laughter and it was the day before Palm Sunday. I remember it as one of the many treasured steps of my faith journey.
As I look at this palm cross I think of the crosses of life.
The crosses I have had to bare
The cross that enabled me to bare them
The cross that saved me
The cross of love.
Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim, till all the world proclaims his sacred name.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne