Friday, July 28, 2023

Its colour, its perfume.

 'All is silent, in the still and soundless air I fervently bow to my Almighty God.' (Bing Xin. China)

One thing was on my mind when I came to meet with God this morning. It was the words of the beautiful hymn, 'Glorious things of thee are spoken.' and I had this image in mind of the beautiful, stunning bright yellow of the wattle trees coming into bloom that line some of our roadways and dot the bushland around us.. Bright, cheerful yellow balls of fluffy wattle blooms that hold a perfume which send me right back to childhood memories. Somethings in God's creation can put us on our knees with their colour, their beauty, their perfume, their memories and I thought of these words from the Iona Community: The turn of the leaf in the morning sun and the catch in our throat drives us to our knees and into prayer.

May the God of life bless you and keep you today and always.   Anne, servant of the Lord.


                                                        Beauty in colour.