Monday, April 24, 2023

Greet the day.

Therefore my heart dances for joy. Psalm 28

What a blessing to be able to sit down in a sacred space and listen and look, and wait for the Lord. I watched a Peewee walking very delicately along the garden fence looking so like a gymnast, one spindly leg after and over the other, balance perfect, with his eyes on me as if to say, 'Look at me, how good is this' and from the garden came the perfume of the last rose of summer. It was Thich Nhat Nanh who said ' As we sit down next to a stream, we can listen to its laughter and watch its sparkling waters -  an offering of peace and joy' and that's how it is when I come to sit down in my sacred space. Its a place of listening, peace and joy, 'waiting for the Lord to appear, listening so closely that I will hear his footsteps as he nears my humble place and I see his face.'  Was that  him in the Peewee and the perfumed rose?  Ah yes, he has come.  Be blessed by greeting the day with inner peace -find your special place and wait for the Lord.

Mane nobiscum domine - remain with us Lord.                            Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                            The last rose of summer