Monday, February 6, 2023

What do we see.

Even birds and animals have much they could teach you.......all of them know that the Lord's hand made them. Job 12:7-9

I can sit in my sacred space and feel the presence of God all around me. Its like meeting God face to face. Like he is waiting for me there, calling come, look and see I am here.  He is there in the lovely pinks of the fuchsia flowers that always look like they have heads bowed praying,  he is there in the delicate violas dressed in purple, blue and yellow, he is there in the trees offering a haven for the birds and they too hold his presence singing in chorus to their God as day breaks. He is even in the thunder that rumbles around the hills and the aroma of the lavender that's drenched in the recent shower of rain.  I read this poem that says it all: I see his blood upon the rose and in the stars the glory of his eyes. His body gleams amid eternal snows, his tears fall from the skies. I see his face in every flower, the thunder and the singing of the birds........his crown of thorns is twined in every thorn, his cross in every tree. (Joseph Plunkett)

What we see is more than what we see and sometimes we need to sharpen our vision.

May the peace of God fill your lives every single day.   Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                In you I see God your creator.