Monday, January 2, 2023

Stop and stare.

 Be still and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

Stop and stare is something I do frequently when out on a walk or just sitting in the quiet space, just me and God. Stop to look more deeply and stare to see beyond what is in front of me where a wild flower in the grass is more than a wildflower, in fact its a thing of great creation planned by God for our enjoyment and the pleasure of the bees and butterflies. I pause at the song of the birds to just take in the beauty and perfect rhythm of their song and at Christmas I found myself pausing for long moments in front of the baby Jesus in his crib in the nativity scene and the more I stared the more I saw the wonder of  not a baby but God.   A New Year resolution might well be to pause and stare - just take the time to pause and stare.

May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.  Anne, servant of the Lord. 


                                                Pause awhile with me.