Monday, January 23, 2023

First fruits

May the foot of God walk with you and his hand hold you tight. (TIS 779)

 There is something magical about the time of the new day when  the sun filters through the night sky and breaks into light. Stepping out the door   for the first time in a new day is like my feet touching the newness, the 'never walked on until now' path of the new day and as God comes along side I discover the offerings of the day that would have otherwise been missed. Offerings and events that give joy and blessings and the days strength, like the magpie kicking in the tan bark, the different shades of glory covering the sky as it ventures further into the day and have you heard the call of the starlings? I love it, they sound like tiny horses whinnying. The wonderful morning gifts, of time with God, new every morning  are the most powerful pearls of great price to deposit in our heart and mind as we go further into the day, into the unknown. I love these words of St Patrick's lorica: Christ be with me. Christ be within me. Christ behind me. Christ before me. Christ beside me.

May the peace of God fill your life every single day.  Anne, servant of the Lord


                                                Morning Glory.