Monday, November 21, 2022

regular daily appointment

The hand of the Lord God fell upon me there. Ezek 8:3

In the Jewish tradition the home itself is called the 'Mikdash meyat ' a little sanctuary where God can dwell.  I feel that, I sense that and it extends into the garden where the 'special' sacred space is among the  shimmering colours of the flower display, the birds sing and perfume fills the air and its here I invite the Lord to meet me . Its like a regular daily appointment  and it has the same feeling  I had as a child when I came home from school and would sit with my mum or dad and tell them all about my day, the ups and downs, the laughter and joy and it made me feel warm inside.  Sacred spaces, quiet spaces, pauses and reflection, places of peace, love and healing  - this is the makdash meyat, the sanctuary where God can dwell.

May the peace of God fill your life every single day.    Anne, servant of the Lord.

A sacred space.