Friday, November 25, 2022

Joy and delight

 Lord how various are your works, in wisdom you have made them all and the earth is full of your creatures. Psalm 104:1

I so often think - If you don't sit with it you miss it. The holistic value of 'just being' is so precious. I was watching a family of  Starlings bathing in the bird bath, all of them in together, about nine in all and they were having the time of their life, splashing, jumping, singing. The babies, new to life, taking great delight in it all then off they would fly, stumble and try again. It all brought a smile to my face and in my heart and I knew that inner smile would be with me all day and I would not have missed it for the world -  for the joy in my soul. The image  reminded me of the words of Noel Davis when he said the family of wrens were spilling joy all throughout the garden 

May the peace of God fill your life every single day. - Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                Splashing, jumping, singing