Monday, August 30, 2021

Scatter the fragrance.

 Send out fragrance like incense and put forth blossoms like a lily. Scatter the fragrance and sing a hymn of praise; bless the Lord for all his works. Ecclesiastes 39:14 

I paused. I  looked. I touched. I smelt. I marvelled. There is something deeply spiritual about just wandering in the garden, humming quietly that familiar hymn that just always comes to mind when we look at the awe of God - 'How Great Thou Art.' In my wandering I look at every flower in detail and I look to its creator. Such intricate work, such beautiful design, such glorious colours, such  joy and every flower filled with its own special fragrance that infuses my mind with memories.

Fanny Robinson wrote: Thus musing in a garden nook, each flower is as a written book, and rich the stores of Holy thought, that by these blossoms fair are brought.

Peace to those who are near and peace to those who are far off.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                 

                                            Oh, what a gift what a wonderful gift.