Friday, August 27, 2021

Heavenly hosts.

 Who is the King of Glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of Glory. Psalm 24:10

I recall as a child being shattered when someone told me there was no such thing as angels. 'But there has to be' was my response. 'God talks about them, they are his helpers.' This person couldn't be convinced and I went away saying to myself, ' Anyway, I know there is, I have seen them.'   Our earthly journey is accompanied by 'members of the Heavenly hosts,' those who come alongside to console, empower and encourage us.  We don't always recognise  it when we are being 'unwittingly entertained by angels.' and its often in hindsight that it becomes  obvious. I suspect at in todays world of pandemic, floods and bushfires with so much happening that the 'heavenly hosts' are very busy, even just in our neighbourhoods during lock down. Perhaps you have been visited by one? Perhaps you are one?  I thank God for his angels and this morning especially I pray that they are present among  many in Afghanistan.

May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

Earthly angels.