Monday, August 16, 2021

Lockdown. - a curse or a blessing?

 Come away with me by yourself to a quiet place and rest awhile. Mark 6:31

   What are you doing during this period of being locked down? Besides doing a great catch up in and around the house. I have been spending time in the garden with roses to prune and flowers to smell. But I have had a great 'pull' in this period to go on a daily personal retreat. In the quiet and stillness making time to draw even nearer to God and looking deeper into his eyes in nature - and his voice in the  bird songs, now clear and joyful in a silent world. The one hour allowed outside for exercise I breathe in the clear, pollution free air full of the perfume of spring  to appreciate the outdoor beauty and picturing what God had in mind when he created the crested wood pigeon or the daffodil or the forget-me-not and why he put the trill in the tiny birds.   What are you doing during the lockdown?

A hymn by Getty called Holy Spirit backs my retreat: Holy Spirit, living Breath of God, breathe new life into my willing soul. Let the presence of the risen Lord come renew my heart and make me whole. Cause Your word to come alive in me; give me faith for what I cannot see, give me passion for your Purity; Holy Spirit breathe new life in me.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                        Have you ever watched a bee gathering pollen?