Monday, March 29, 2021

Reflect on this.

 What should I do with Jesus who is called the Messiah? Matthew 27:22

These words spoken by Pilate have really sat with me over the years. Many years ago I had a profound experience when these words of Jesus were not just the words of Pilate but were also words I asked of my self. It was a personal  experience  of previously 'unnoticed ' words suddenly leaping off the page at me and sitting in my mind in meditation and reflection 'What should I do with Jesus' no longer words I heard Pilate saying but I found myself asking the same question. This Friday we will stand before the cross  bearing the body of Jesus and we will pause, and we will reflect and as you do so, ask the question Pilate asked but ask it of yourself. What should I do with Jesus?

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Anne, servant of the Lord


                                        In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jerusalem.