Monday, March 8, 2021

A lenten reflection

 When ever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone; so that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. Mark 11:25

I wonder when it was the last time that someone said ' I forgive you, ' or you asked of someone their forgiveness? It has a profound impact on us holistically when we can forgive or when we are forgiven. It lifts a weight of our shoulders and restores life. Lent is a time when I always focus more on this 'forgiveness' which we find so hard to do yet look at what Christ went through to forgive us. Perhaps its easier to not offend than to seek forgiveness? I don't know and that's for you to ponder, but this I do know as Mark Twain said:  Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

 


                                                Forgive them.