Monday, March 16, 2020

Peace in heavenly music.

My security is in his promise to be near me always and in the knowledge that he will never let me go. Portion of Ps 23 from Psalms Now. (Leslie F Brandt)
The beautiful song of the magpie filled the otherwise silent morning  with its glorious singing. Just one, just solo, right outside my window as if singing just for me. Sometimes it can be hard to find God's joy in a year that has gone so terribly wrong for us with a long drought, catastrophic  bush fires,unprecedented damaging  hail storm  and now our whole world as we know it is changing due to the corona virus. Perhaps isolation may come for many of us and I would see  a down time as special times with God. To be still, to be quiet and to listen to the bird songs. Heavenly music carries with it a reassuring peace and presence. I love this little prayer(anon) If you have heard the sound of birdsong in the morning air then you will know that heaven's music is everywhere.
May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Dressed in his black and white tuxedo.