Monday, March 2, 2020

God's creatures - God's creation

Since we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely and let us run  with perseverance,the race that is set before us looking to Christ, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:1
Life is a pilgrimage as we look here and look there for God.  One pilgrim called Sister Giovanna (1660 Feast day 1 March) said,  'By being a pilgrim my heart learns to hear the cries of the  refugees,the poor, the impoverished, those arriving and those departing.' I reflected on my life, my calling and how I went to Jerusalem  with all the baggage, the pain and suffering of loss in the bush fire crisis and specifically to lay down the lives of ONE BILLION of our wildlife destroyed in the fires. This weighed heavily on my heart.  I stood at the Western Wall of the Old City of Jerusalem, the Wailing Wall, the most Sacred and Holy place for Jews and placed my prayer note in a crack in the wall to be later burnt by Rabbi's in prayer offerings to God. I lit a candle for them all  in the Church of The Holy Sepulcher, the most Sacred and Holy place for Christians and I offered intercessions daily in the Eucharist in St Georges Cathedral. I came home feeling the weight of it all lifted and with a God inspired blessing to do a memorial service for them all of prayers and candle lighting.
I wonder have you gone away, at times to seek God,  heavily burdened and have come back with a blessing?
May the Lord himself give you peace at all times in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord.


And I lit a candle in the most Sacred and Holy place for Christians