Friday, July 12, 2019

New birth into living hope

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy he has given us  a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter:3
I find an old tree stump that has new shoots growing from it, quite powerful. It has a real message about it and when I look and see something stirs in me from way down in my soul and there is a deep spiritual connection. I read this quote which said: 'A green shoot grows out of an old tree stump announcing to the world that there is power in dying.' Ah yes, I knew there was a spiritual connection as I reflected on the dying and resurrection of Christ.  There are many little pockets of dying and resurrection in life and this is so obvious at this time of the year when the lovely fresh, new shoots of the spring bulbs are pushing through the dark winter soil into the light. Wander your garden and look and see.
May grace and peace be yours in abundance.
Anne, servant of the Lord
little pockets of  dying and resurrection.