Friday, October 26, 2018

Will I go this way

Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'this is the way,walk in it.' Isaiah 30:21
Sometimes I have a discussion with myself when I set out for a walk. Will I go this way to the open  walking track, or will I go via some streets and lanes, or will I just take the direct path that will get me to where I am going. The aim of the walk is to be with God, to walk with him in the freshness of the early morning even before the sun has kissed the capeweed into flower,   So often, when I deliberate about the path to take I think of this passage from Isaiah because  I often answer myself with 'walk this way.'  Sometimes at a funeral people use  the chapter from John's gospel(14)  and ask if they can leave out verse 6 'I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me.'  My response of course is 'no.' The inner voice that we hear is the voice of God, directing, guiding and leading, along the right path, the right way, to him.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

Which way will I walk