Friday, September 8, 2017

Remember me

I the Lord of sea and sky. I have heard my people cry.  Who will bear my light for them? whom shall I send? (Here I am Lord  TIS 658 (paraphrased)
I had been out in the community,( visible in clerical dress) doing some physical work with people with hoarding issues and decided on the way home that I needed a coffee. I stopped by a coffee shop that I had never visited before and the lady behind the counter said to me. ' You are a God send if ever there was one.' At first I didn't know what she meant and then she went on to say. 'Remember me, I use to be at the coffee shop in the shopping center down the road a bit.' I did remember. She went on to say. ' I asked God to send someone to me today. My mother died yesterday and I needed someone to pray for the presence of God in peace.'   'Indeed I will pray. I am going back to church at the moment and will light a candle for you and your mother, in the chapel but lets pray now.' I could sense the other three people in the shop get up from their seats and I thought they were going to leave. Instead they came closer as I said a short prayer of comfort.
Roy Lessin wrote: Jesus will come to you in the most unexpected times. In the most unexpected ways and through the most unexpected people.
Be blessed in these special meetings with God
Anne, servant of the Lord
Here I am Lord