Friday, September 22, 2017

God's paint palate

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
   The minute I step outside to go for a walk I am met by the rich smell of spring. The blossom on the prunus tree and the sweet lingering perfume of the Daphne and it all sits in the silence of the rich red sunrise coming across the  morning sky.   It reminds me  each day of God's faithfulness to us. He never fails to produce a beautiful spring or a glorious autumn or the changing shapes of winter and the sharp, shimmering images of summer. Day by day he delivers. What an array of colours he must have on his paint palate. You can almost hear him mulling over it. 'Ah, what colour will I make that. How far will I spread the sunrise today and will I progress the blossom on the wattle to an even sharper, brighter more brilliant yellow. Will I take them along another branch.' Each day  sets my thoughts on   God and my day ahead. I like these thoughts by Mary Fleeson:
My journey is always just a beginning. A fresh new day on an old, old path. That's the blessing . That's where the hope blossoms.   No matter how much I wondered yesterday I can start again tomorrow and when all my tomorrows are used up I'll still have traveled. And you know what people say, Its the journey that counts not the arriving.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne,servant of the Lord.
      
The colours on God's paint palate.