Monday, August 28, 2017

the depth of Gods love

 'How deep the Fathers love for us. How vast beyond all measure.' (Hymn)
I paused when I went out the door for a walk. There before me on the lawn was a flock of King Parrots and the more I looked the more I could see deep into their beautiful colours. They are a magnificent bird. The air is crisp and clear after yesterdays flurry of snow and I felt that God was in his house. As I walked we communicated without rambling and into my mind came the words of this song.'How deep the Fathers love for us.' I began to tease out some thoughts on the words 'deep' and the 'depth' of God's love. Thoughts like: The gift of this new day. The strength to do his will. The ability to see him in all creation.The deep yellow of the wattle in bloom, the perfume of the Daphne, his aroma, filling the air. The chorus of magpies. And I thought of the arms of a friend around me and my arms around another in need. I thought of a deep, deep bottomless well going deeper and deeper into my soul where it touched the point of no words and I knew the depth of the Father's love.
Take a moment to smell the flowers. Listen to the morning call of the birds. Give away a hug in friendship and be a blessing to those who cross your path........and breathe in the deep, deep love of God.
Anne, servant of the Lord
inviting themselves for breakfast!!