Monday, May 16, 2016

The saints

....that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may  be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passes all understanding. Ephesians 3:17-19
I have a Christian friend who says to me in all seriousness, 'when I die, the final hymn at my funeral is to be 'When the Saints come marching in.'  She knows what it means to be a saint. Not someone perfect or worldly but someone who has had their sins forgiven and  they have been embraced and welcomed into the arms of Jesus. Today we hear of people being 'made' saints through good works and long life commitments but in reality, according to the bible we are all saints.How does that make you feel? For me, its not something that puts me on a pedestal in my mind, heaven forbid, but instead its something that puts me on my knees in humility before God.I read somewhere about  'Saints in circulation.' That's you and me and everyone who carries the forgiven love of Jesus into our communities, into our day, into our lives with that deep peace of knowing.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord.